Sunday, June 11, 2006

Shants, Trance and Ladyboys

Its the day after the full moon party and I am a bit tired. It was a crazy scene, something like 10,000 people all on one big beach for a party. I wish I would have taken some pictures, but I ended up with one blurry picture of Mellow Mountain, which was appropriate for the night. It was the biggest drug scene I have ever been around. I guess that is what its known for, but there is no way to really prepare yourself for it. So many spaced out people staring off at the ocean. The island was teaming with brits and Europeans...and they brought their shants and electronic dance music with them. Finally, I managed to make some new friends at my bungalows, so it was nice to have some people to hang out with. We all stuck to the drink buckets, which consisted of red bull and vodka. The strangest part of the night was when I got attacked, I mean attacked by a Thai Ladyboy. Needless to say, the people watching was fantastic and we made it back to our bungalows on a sketchy tuk-tuk just as the sun came up. Actually, on the ride home the tuk-tuk driver got pissed at some drunken brits and pulled some thai boxing on their asses! Overall, it was a really strange and fun evening.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a strange night enjoy some watersports today to clean out your system andy and i are working on collinwood lake path today

4:10 AM  
Blogger m said...

Um, what is a Thai Ladyboy?

6:28 AM  
Blogger m said...

Well, Angel Moroni, I can kind of GUESS what it is, but I'm still unclear. As a man of God, I'm kind of surprised YOU are the expert on it!!

:-)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Kraemerica said...

Mindy, will you please explain your guess in FULL detail (i'm just trying to be informative about world issues)?

11:53 AM  
Blogger m said...

I choose not to embarrass myself in this particular venue, Nick. You'll just have to guess what I'm guessing....
Er...yeah.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home