Wednesday, May 31, 2006

You having?


After a restless night of sleep, which resulted in about 2 hours of sleep, I set out on the city at around 5am. Thanks for keeping me company Xtina. It was much easier to get around in the daylight. I am staying in a pretty cool area of the city between Ueno and Asakusa. Its more of a residential area, so I made my way down to the Tokyo Central Business District for the day. The subways and trains are suprisingly easy to use and its crazy how packed they can be, but maintain total silence and order. A few observations: japanese people are really polite, they text message more than Batty texts Becky and Rick combined, and they can sleep anywhere (standing on escalators, waiting for the subway, at lunch tables). Being that I was up so early, many of the museums and whatnot where not yet open, so I just covered alot of ground and saw alot of the city from the street. The architecture is really progressive, it seems like its built with intentions of tearing it down only a few years later. This is in direct contrast to the temples in the parks...they have been around for hundreds of years. Its not nearly as expensive here as I thought it would be, I had a really good sushi lunch for like $7. It was 14 delicious nigiri pieces, the waiter giggled as I ate them in record speed. Thats like a $70 dinner in MN. Hmmm...Hows about I caption some of my pics from the day...

My hood


Temple at Shinobazu Pond


Strange Apartments


Imperial Palace...they've got that on lockdown (not open to public)

Tokyo International Forum (its not the Foshay Tower, but it'll do)


Marunouchi Building - a brand new building in which people can do everything they need (live, work, hospital, eat...etc. etc.)

1 Comments:

Blogger fakeplastic said...

Here's to never having to go outside. I say stay at the Marunauichi building. The scenery over there looks like crap.

Or maybe I'm just jealous. Hey, at least I have a window out of which I can see... a roof. And some treetops.

Do they serve California rolls?

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home