Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Back in MN


Obligatory looking off over the Pacific Crest.


Best 80's party EVER (my friend in Seattle had a bunch of really old pictures)



Well, it seems that the trip is over. I am back in MN and the reality of not having a home has set in. I had a great time in Seattle. My friend showed me all over the city and we did a bunch of hiking. Its great to reconnect with old friends. Then, I would like to think that I set some sort of record by driving from Seattle to Minnesota: solo, without stopping, exactly 24 hours straight. Upon my arrival in MN, I immediately went out to Collinwood for the boat parade. It was fantastic, we actually had some flags on the side of the pontoon and some pretty serious flag waving going on. The lack of sleep coupled with the abunddance of carlo rossi and southern comfort made for a comical tent setup. Somehow, every inch of my tshirt was grass stained! haha

It is really strange to be back in Delano, I realize that I was only gone for a little over a month, but it felt so much longer to me. Also, to come back to Delano on the 4th of July is quite funny. Well, anyone that is living in MN should give me a call, so I don't lose my mind out here

5 Comments:

Blogger m said...

How did you go to the bathroom if you didn't stop for 24 hours? Or don't I want to know?

9:28 AM  
Blogger Kraemerica said...

i had to stop for gas and coffee. no stopping to sleep. get your truckers lingo down.

3:06 PM  
Blogger m said...

Oh, I apologize for not having my "trucker's lingo" down. How dare I?? After all those years of being a trucker, how could I forget!?

Jerkstore. :)

Ok, did Brandon know that dressing like he was in the 80s didn't mean he had to dress in a woman's sweater? Just checking.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Slurry B said...

Kraemerica: I have a proposition for you, which may lead to your next big adventure and worldwide fame. I always wanted to do this before I went into suffocating student loan debt.

Write a book on the trucker subculture. Get a publisher's advance however you get those and travel from truckstop to truckstop documenting what you see. Trucking is like a moving Guy's Club: boozing, stippers, amphetamines, prostitutes, illegal smuggling (maybe), guns (maybe), politics (probably not), gambling. Who knows what the hell goes on at truckstops. That's where you come in. Infiltrate, befriend, write, cash in. You'll have to sell that little Tree Hugger mobile, though. I guess it is deisel, however.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Kraemerica said...

slurry b,

the trucker subculture is so great, on road trips i look for the largest truck stops with a bunch of big rigs parked at them. the workers in the stations are always decked out with an extreme amount of makeup and the diner waitresses look like a worn out baseball glove.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home