Sunday, June 25, 2006

On the road again

Mormons are a strange bunch. I saw several of them in Thailand and now on my drive through California I run across this strange gate. The mountain road I was on completely ended where this gate stood. Another larger gate was connected to this one: Lockhead Martin. As I stood there, two deer trotted across the Lockhead Martin parking lot...seemingly abandoned office building in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. I challenge my friends at work to search the internet (you know you've got the time) and find me some sort of connection....




Backpacking in the Big Basin Redwoods National Park. Santa Cruz is a great city...



I made it back to the states. Spent a night in Tapanga Canyon, near Malibu, with my friend that was taking car of my car while I was gone. Her parents made us a great dinner and I took off in the morning up the coast. I stopped in Santa Cruz, which is a great little city and then hit up a nearby redwood national forest for camping. The only sight left was a 6 mile hike in and I started it at 7:30pm (oops), then hit the trail at sunrise to get back out to my car. It was great fun! Oh, and I also ran out of water and literally had to drink from a stream on the hike out this morning. Then, I saddled up the Golf over the Donner Pass onto Reno. I'm staying with family and was able to see my grandma tonight. She was in good spirits and still has biting sarcasm at nearly 85. I am exhausted and need some sleep for the next leg of the trip up to Oregon in the morning.

I will post pics when I get some wi-fi. Until then you should check out my dutch friend's photos from Japan: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhq/

I plan on hanging out in Oregon for a few days and then heading back to MN for the 4th of July Boat Parade. We still don't have a winning theme, so send us some suggestions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boat theme #8

Fourths of July = Organize into groups of four. Purchase one (1) handle for every group. Spend afternoon remarking how clever, original, and witty Sean is. Enjoy.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boat theme #10:

"July 4, America's thirstday"

Shoot red, white and blue beverages while toasting 'merica.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home