Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Hong Kong




"...I mean whats the worst that could happen" is the exact thought that I had going through my head as I boarded the plane for Hong Kong. I figured, only 2.5 days in Hong Kong and then I am back in the states. At this point I am very tired and just ready to get back. Well, whats the worst that could happen: your backpack doesn't show up in Hong Kong. I'd say thats on the edge of the worst that could happen. Anyway, it probably got sent to LAX already and I will just have to deal with it.

Now I go wander around Hong Kong and try to find a bed for the night...at least I brought my ipod charger.

Update: I found a cheap hostel and I have walked all over the city this evening. My first impression is that I am not very fond of this place. Its identical to NYC. I'll try to hit up all of the tourist spots tomorrow and then I am already out of here the next morning.

Another Update (Hong Kong doesn't deserve two posts): I made my way all over the city today and sweat like Paul Dennis at a Falafel King Buffet (which he refers to as ”greasin”).  That doesn’t bode well for the 4 day on the same clothes and the fact that I have been greasin' for all 4 of those days. Anyway, backpack has been located and they are keeping it for me at the airport. The place I was staying was so, so sketchy that I didn’t trust my baggage being delivered.  My flight leaves early in the morning, too early to catch the bus, so I am going to spend the night at the airport. This also enables me to get some clean clothes and wash myself in a drinking fountain or something. haha

2 Comments:

Blogger fakeplastic said...

That SUCKS about your backpack!!! Bonnaroo was amazing, of course. There were about ten minutes of rain. The rest was sun and dust. I think MMJ and Radiohead played nearly every song in their respective catalogues. Son Volt rocked... and so forth. I will blog about it later.

8:25 PM  
Blogger m said...

There is nothing sexier than a man washing (or "warshing" as they say) himself in an airport water fountain. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home