Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Oregon Trail

I made it up to Oregon. On the first day, I checked out the dunes on the coast. It was a welcome relief from the heat of the desert between Reno and Eugene (110). Eugene is much smaller than I had expected, but the University campus is really nice. My interview went great (I think) and I am looking forward to hearing back about it. After the interview, I drove up to Portland. I really like the vibe of this city. Only 60 miles from the coast, 60 miles from Hood River (windsurfing/kiteboarding mecca), 60 miles from Mt. Hood (snowboarding), and 2.5 hours from Seattle. I camped out on Mt. Hood last night and had the best night of sleep since I left on this trip.

Also, I think I came up with the winning idea for the boat parade. Its offensive, but on a different level and I think we can actually pull it off pretty easily.

Cowboys vs. Indians
People on leisure island in cowboy hats and supplied with firecrackers. Canoe tied to the back of Leisure Island with two people dressed as indians. Of course, we are all in speedos.

Well, I am in downtown Portland right now having a coffee to prepare for the drive up to Seattle. I am visiting my friend Kit and I am really excited to see the city. I have heard so many good things about it.

3 Comments:

Blogger m said...

Um, Speedos? You're right - that IS offensive.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The voting is rigged. This blog should be called KraeNazia.

7:48 AM  
Blogger m said...

Are you back from your travels, Kraemer?

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home