Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring



The weather we have had over the last couple weeks has me questioning why anyone lives outside of the Northwest. Frankly, I am a little upset with the Kraemer's choice of MN as a place to live. Which Kraemer ancestor made the call to stop in the plains? Was it July when he made the decision? Get back in the wagon train, maybe you'll lose a child or two to cholera along the way, but its definitely worth it.
Picture of me limp-wristed inside of a tree.



PS - Accepted to University of Oregon's Masters in Community and Regional Planning. On the waiting list for Portland State's Urban Planning Program. Give me a moment to rant on "waiting lists": just let me know if I am in or not...I have already waited several months...now I must wait another month. Also, I wasn't prepared for it, but its a major blow to the ego to get denied or put on the waiting list. "Am I not good enough for you PSU!? I didn't like you that much anyway." It reminds me of standing in que at a Hotel Chelsea in NYC and having the Sean Paul look-a-like bouncer say to Possum and I "we can't keep letting these mediocre guys in here." Then, when we got in it kinda sucked and there were mirrors everywhere.



5 Comments:

Blogger m said...

1. Awesome photos. Except for the limp wrist, I'm not sure what that's about.

2. If your ancestors had trekked all the way out to Oregon there is a good chance that you, Nick, wouldn't even exist. So let's not be too hard on them, EH?

3. Mediocre guys? Hahaha, that is hilarious. Not b/c it's true, of course. Ahem...

6:02 AM  
Blogger sean. said...

The possum remembers the Chelsea Hotel well, as he nearly dropped his nine dollar gin and tonic by walking headfirst into a mirrored wall.

7:35 AM  
Blogger m said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FOOL!

9:03 AM  
Blogger fakeplastic said...

The grass here is still gray and brown. Buds are barely formed on the tips of barren branches. Soon, though, soon it will be spring.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is EXACTLY what i was trying to get through your head the 4 years I got to know you at MAC. Thankgod you have come to realise the greatness that lies outside the MN plains. :P I knew you'd get converted at some point though.
Love your pictures...didn't realise the talent there. x

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home