Friday, December 01, 2006

Giving Thanks

Did Erik actually visit? Did that happen? Was he acting how he acts? Was I acting how I act?

Not sure, it all seems a bit of a blur. Erik cruised (in his sick new volvo) into town for an adventure-filled 3 days. We hit up the Liquor Lyles of PDX - Lowbrow Lounge and several other places leaving Erik with the impression that "Minneapolis is like Portland but more hip." Read: some bars in Portland make Williamsburg look granola.

Then I had a bunch random people to my house for Thanksgiving. A few of us went on a failed sailing trip. Then we feasted on duck, an assortment of good 'ol hotdishes, and passed around a bottle of whiskey for desert.



At one point there was definitely an acoustic jam. Notice: best mustache I've ever seen.


"Sometimes you feel amongst the people, ya know. Holy smokes dude."



On the next day, we went for a hike in the pouring rain (I'll post some pics when I get them from Erik). The hike was great: we forged some creeks, stared at trees, and I think there was a three-legged talking Irish Setter named Scotty that explained the curse of the yellow rose to us along the way. Not really all that clear on any of this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Slurry B said...

Chances of you getting pics from Erik in the near future: 0%.

11:59 AM  
Blogger fakeplastic said...

there's a drain at the bottom of the ocean and when it rains you get close to where the water meets the sky...

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home